SEO Vs. PPC
Your online business can survive but cannot succeed without online marketing. Online marketing makes your business more noticeable than all your competitors, so you can grab more customers and more business. Search engine Optimisation and pay per click services in India are two significant search engine marketing tactics. Majority of online businesses invest in either any or both of these trendy online marketing techniques to reap maximum revenues. Though the ultimate objectives of both techniques are same, but they follow different approach to achieve the goals.
Search Engine Optimisation
Search Engine Optimisation is a method of redirecting targeted traffic to a particular website, by using varied natural or algorithmic techniques. The sites appearing on the first few pages of any search engines are ranked higher by search engines. SEO focuses on keywords or key phrases to attain high rankings on search engine search results. With higher rankings, your website will get more hits, more traffic and eventually more revenues.
The significance of search engine Optimisation can be estimated by the fact that around 80% of traffic comes from search engines. Though SEO basically focuses on keywords and key phrases, it also takes into account various other types of searches such as image search, local search, and industry-specific vertical searches.
Pay Per Click services
Pay per click advertisement is an online marketing technique in which you buy listings in the search results of major search engines such as Google, Bing, and Yahoo etc. These sponsored ads appear along with natural search results. They generally appear above, below, and to the right side of natural search results
SEO vs. PPC
Most of the online business owners are confused in choosing between SEO and PPC to increase their online revenues. Though, there are no specific rules to make a better choice, but following things can be considered to take a wiser decision.
- SEO should be used when you are looking for consistent results. SEO is a gradual process with long gestation period. But once your website is optimally optimized, you will enjoy sustained traffic and higher revenues consistently. On the other hand, PPC advertisement derives faster results. The moment your ads are displayed on search engines, you can expect to get instantaneous results. PPC works wonder for event marketing, seasonal promotions, product launches etc.
- If you want to create a website that act as resource for specific niche, it is better to opt for search engine Optimisation. SEO will make your website popular and establish it as credible resource of a particular niche.
- If you want to target marketing segment with specific characteristics, it is better to go for PPC advertisement. For instance, PPC ads allow you to promote your products & services based on age, gender, income, education level, and even marital status of your targeted audience.
- If you want to make your website valuable with rich content, link popularity and high traffic, SEO is the best alternative. On the other hand, if content is not so important for your website such as squeeze pages, PPC is the ideal technique for advertisement.
Thus, choosing between SEO and PPC completely depends upon objective of the online business, however both together can really do wonder for an online business.
Latest posts by Alekh Verma (see all)
- Social Media Content Ideas: 11 Posts to Expand Your Following - February 11, 2019
- 6 Practical Ways You Must Promote Your Amazon listing and Expand Your Store’s Reach - July 6, 2018
- Some Must-Have Marketing Tactics to Attract More Audience - May 22, 2018