Your customers, targeted audience and search engines, all use content as an important factor for judging the quality of your online business or at least the way you do it. Content strategy has now emerged as the most crucial factor to succeed online. Content in all forms is important to let you connect with your audience and giving them reason to invest in your offerings and to stay connected with your brand and business.
Content is also a significant element of a successful search engine optimisation strategy. When your website is being optimised, content is shared on many different forms such as website content, product description, articles, blog posts and the list goes on. But, in order to get maximum response out of it, you need to make sure that you are creating engaging and readable content and not the clutter.
Here are the five important C’s for writing competitive and compelling content to boost the rankings and reputation as well as to give something truly readable to your targeted audience:
Creativity is the key to survive in the competitive environment. You need to find the ways to express your ideas in different ways as well as to generate newer ideas. Being different yet logical is the only way to survive.
- Look for ways to cut through the clutter.
- Look for unique ideas and express the existing information in unique ways.
- Enhance the content appeal with visualisations beyond basic info graphics such as Parallax, 3D info graphics, or animated info graphics.
- Authorise the content with your name/name of your organisation to increase its credibility.
Research is the key to create comprehensive content copies. You need to include all important elements within prescribed limit. A little knowledge is dangerous whether you are using it or sharing it with others. It is important to conduct adequate research to bring out all the important elements in an appealing manner. However, you need to be short and precise at the same time. You need to develop an ability to express every important detail within limited words.
- Understand the depth of the topic
- Research as much as possible
- Look for reliable and popular sources for research
Your ultimate goal is to reach the customers. It is important that your content should be compatible to SEO strategies It should be backed by an adequate keyword research and keywords should be appropriately used in the content. Keyword stuffing diminishes the quality of the content as well as the reputation of your brand.
- Expertise in keyword research
- Avoid keyword stuffing
- Keyword density usually 2 to3% is legitimate
Your words reflect your ideas, thoughts and knowledge. When you are sharing content with others, it will create impression of you as an individual as well as of your brand and business. It is important to be careful while eliciting facts through your content. If you are sharing any statistics, it should be verified. While sharing articles or blog posts, one must link the date and statistics to the appropriate source.
- Quality not the quantity
- Correct grammar and spellings
- Correct data and statistics
Your ultimate aim is to reach the customers. Remember, people don’t have much time to read your stuff. You need to give them reason for it. You should write informative and engaging content on topics reflecting the interests of your targeted audience. It is good practice to use social gestures such as “comments”, “shares” and “likes” to engage with your readers.
- Keep an eye on current trends
- End with thought provoking questions
- Use interesting headings and sub headings
- Involve your audience
- Read industry stuff to stay updated
Creating capturing content is essential to increase back links to your site, inflate website traffic and enhance your online rankings. In order to reap maximum SEO advantage out of content marketing, you need make your content compatible with SEO, while making it readable, interesting and enjoyable for your targeted readers.
Latest posts by Alekh Verma (see all)
- What Is The Basic Difference Between ‘Fetch’ & ‘Fetch and Render’ in Google Search Console - June 16, 2017
- 5 Must-Do SEO Tips Every Beginner Should Know - June 8, 2017
- What is the Future of SEO? 5 Factors to Look Into! - May 17, 2017