A website’s ranking on search results are affected by various features such as On page and off-page SEO, backlink summary, social activity, and much more. One SEO related question which is asked during webmaster forums domain registration age is important for SEO and how much. The short answer is yes, the domain age considered as an essential SEO factor for your Google ranking. Among various influence factors that Google considers in determining search engine ranking results is the age of your domain — however, how long that domain has been around.
Some of the factors those are more important for a website as well as ranking factor in Google:
- Unique and high-quality content
- The quantity of content
- External backlinks to your content
How Domain Age is important for SEO & Ranking in Google?
It’s true that the older domains do better in search results and give extra support due to their age. It is just because an older domain that has established has earned a greater level of trust with Google than a new domain that is not recognized and Matt admits that this is true.
Some of the following basics that you must know:
- Domain age is a factor in determining Google rankings, and a part of your SEO.
- Web sites drastically diminished for the first few months after Google first discovers them. It is very challenging to ranking factor as well as for competitors in those first few months. In fact, various SEO professionals simply won’t work with brand new domains.
- According to Google’s Matt Cutts, the difference between a domain that’s 6 months old and 12 months old is very minute.
Even, many SEO experts claim that length of domain registration has no impact on ranking factor. They appeal that extended duration of their domain registration doesn’t improve the well-ranked websites. That is from where the idea of domain age comes in. You know Bing also puts more importance on both age and domain registration length than Google does. It is just because Bing tends to return old content and Google tends to return fresh content.
For popular websites, unique and high-quality content along with the backlinks naturally attracts the users that will in ranking factor and bring the search traffic you need. If you will provide high-quality content for your site that accurately visitors are looking for definitely they will share it with others, link to it and more likely to bookmark it. That is the reason why good quality content generates better incoming links.
Latest posts by Alekh Verma (see all)
- 8 Digital Marketing Trends That Will Rule 2018 - December 8, 2017
- 7 Smart Ways to Utilize in Your Local SEO Campaigns - November 15, 2017
- What Digital Marketing Strategies Do Startups Need To Incorporate To Beat The Competition - October 14, 2017