Search Engine Optimization (SEO) has been around long enough, that it has gone through a myriad of changes over the course its usage. And with Google stamping its authority over the SEO parameters through algorithm updates, time and again, there has been a lot of debate and conclusive stories about what are high value and organic tactics that puts you in the good books of Google, and what are the opposite ones.
Categorization of SEO Tactics – Which Ones Are The Best?
To find out which SEO tactics are more impactful, which tactics yield low results, which are spammy, and which are organic, we categorized our study into 4 comparative processes:
- White Hat
- Black Hat
- High Value
- Low Value
The results of the study are illustrated in the above infographic:
Based on the SEO Tactics graphic results, there are 4 distinctive process results:
- White hat SEO tactics which are of high value to bring quality traffic to the site. These are the most recommended strategies that webmasters and digital marketers should implement, so as to bring high-number organic traffic.
- White hat SEO procedures which prove low in value, and brings average traffic to the site. These strategies are organic, but do not generate a high number of traffic, and must be implemented in addition to the steps falling in the category of the above point.
- Black hat maneuvers, which have had a high value impact on generating increased traffic to the site. These steps may bring increased traffic to the site, but as these are black hat or spam, can result in heavy penalties from Google algorithms and can be catastrophic to the website’s life.
- Black hat schemes, which are not only spam, but also low in value to generate inbound traffic. These are the procedures, that were used in the earlier times, but are no longer recommended and must be avoided at all costs.
These SEO tactics include all the procedures, right from website design and development, to on-page and off-page optimization, and digital marketing campaigns. Based on the results, it is safe to assume that SEO strategies which are of high value and falls in the White Hat category, are most suitable to bring quality traffic to a site. From content optimization, page architecture to link building services, and more; one must understand that following right approaches, organic (white hat) and valuable, may take a bit of time to develop authority, but will yield long lasting positive results.
Latest posts by Alekh Verma (see all)
- 8 Digital Marketing Trends That Will Rule 2018 - December 8, 2017
- 7 Smart Ways to Utilize in Your Local SEO Campaigns - November 15, 2017
- What Digital Marketing Strategies Do Startups Need To Incorporate To Beat The Competition - October 14, 2017