Well, food delivery business apps are already enjoying great attention of foodies and provide a great example for success opportunities across the world. In the present scenario, the comfort and convenience of dining are giving a new shape to the food industry. Food delivery app like UberEats is highly on-demand due to its quick ordering and delivery process. After the incredible success of taxi booking app from Uber, the company has put its foot forward into the market of online food delivery and it has been doing quite with prospected scalable growth in the near future.
When it comes to ordering food, customers usually expect transparency, quality standard and maximum convenience. The rise in technology and trends are reshaping the food industry. Consumers can now easily order their favourite food online with just a few clicks.
Before coming to the final conclusion about the cost of developing a food delivery app like UberEats, let’s find out its important components, the process of making money and a lot more to gain a better understanding of the whole development process.
Major Components of UberEats
- Real-time Order Placing
The app allows customers to choose from multiple restaurants and their menus. A customer can easily explore the menu and order the dishes at their location within a couple of minutes.
- Custom Order Placing
The app gives a user-friendly experience to the customers that help them to customize their food items and enjoy food right at their doorstep.
- Uber Drivers
Uber has a great network with its courier partners. They can allocate the orders from the location of pickup (restaurant) and drop (customer).
- Restaurant Partners
The restaurant has realized that they also need a helping hand like UberEats. The advancement in customer behaviour and demand in the food industry is driving businesses to get the support of a reliable app.
How does UberEats Make Money?
- Delivery fee from Customers
Lunch and dinner is a peak time for ordering food. Sometimes, the menus and restaurants get limited. In this case, UberEats earns a good amount of money through a delivery fee.
- Sharing Revenue from Restaurants
On the basis of maturity of the market, UberEats gets a good share of the revenue for the orders filled by them.
- Advertising Income from Restaurant Partners
The company charges some money from their restaurant partner to make them appear in the top searches.
The Cost to Build an App like UberEats
The cost of making an app like UberEats depends upon the following factors:
- Creating an MVP for both mobile and web interfaces in order to supply through a restaurant’s app and driver’s app.
- Need an organized admin panel and dashboard to control all operations.
- Make an app that can easily manage customer’s orders, food prices, inventory, menus and everything else.
- Set up the APIs for central databases and control logic.
Conclusively, we can say that the cost of making an app like UberEats varies depending on the number of stakeholders, number of platforms, complexities involved, geographical region and much more.
If you’re looking for an accurate cost to build your app, contact us now. We’d love to help you!
Latest posts by Alekh Verma (see all)
- How Content Marketing Can Help to Build Your Brand Even Stronger? - August 20, 2019
- 5 Reasons Why Social Media Marketing is Boon for Your Business Growth - August 19, 2019
- 6 Key Benefits of Using Wireframes Through Web Development Process - August 16, 2019