There is always a room for improvement and that’s the biggest room in the house. Google, one of the biggest and most browsed search engines keeps on improving its features to make Googling as an exhilarating experience for its users.
Google has recently tweaked its mobile Chrome browsers for Android and iOS by bringing HTML5 Auto complete functions to it. It will make it quick and convenient for users to fill out on-screen forms through upgraded auto fill capabilities on a multitude of handheld devices. According to Google, it will bring back almost over 90% of its users that relinquish in-browser product purchases on their handheld devices.
Most of us fill online forms in one or other form. Whether it’s signing up for a new email account or buying goods and services online, filling out forms is something that we all do. Google Chrome is offering built in Auto fill features, which is not available on Internet explorer and Firefox at present. However, users can add it using plug-ins like AutoFill forms.
AutoFill is one of the most user friendly features, which automatically fills online forms by storing personal data of the users such as name, address, phone number, e-mail, and so on.
By choosing AutoFill, you won’t get irritated while signing up for emails or providing information to online stores. Instead of typing same information over and over, you can choose from a drop-down list of AutoFill choices that appear instantly with a single click. It is also capable of storing your credit card number to make your online shopping easy and quicker and also it is totally encrypted to safeguard your information over internet. It also enables the user’s information stored in Google Chrome in desktop browser to synchronise with their mobile web browser on Android, so that it can be easily and instantly accessed by them from mobile chrome web browser.
However, users also get a warning from Google that Autofill should be used only on websites you trust, as certain websites might try to capture your information through hidden fields. Also, few websites prevent browsers from saving text, thus Google Chrome won’t be able to complete forms on such sites.
How to enable AutoFill in Google Chrome?
- Open the Google Chrome Browser
- Click Menu in upper right corner of the screen
- Select Settings
- Click “Show Advanced settings”
- Under Passwords and forms check the box next to Enable Autofill to fill out web forms in a single click.
- Click Manage Autofill settings
- In the Autofill settings window,
- Click the Add new street address… or Add new credit card… button in the Autofill Settings
- You need to fill out as much information as you want to be auto filled. If you don’t want to provide a particular information such as your phone number or e-mail address unless absolutely necessary, you should leave those fields blank.
- Click OK when you’re done.