Online influencers leave a significant digital footprint. Small influencers with a few thousand followers can offer marketers valuable chances to connect with interested consumers. Researching how popular influencers engage with their followers and expand their communities is also important.
Don’t worry if you don’t know all the well-known influencers; we did the homework for you. These are the top social media influencers across a range of areas who could aid in raising the profile of your company. But before we delve into that, let’s first cover the basics and understand what is a social media influencer?
What is a Social Media Influencer?
Let’s first discuss what exactly it means to be an influencer before we start ticking off the social media industry’s key players. A social media influencer has a reputation within a particular field, as you might obviously predict. The individual then makes use of this position of power to interact with a sizable audience on numerous social media sites. This has a lot of promise given that the typical internet user spends more than two hours every day on social media.
To further promote their products, astute marketers might work in collaboration with these influencers. These people are sometimes well-known figures who use their social media platforms to influence people’s buying decisions, while in other cases they are well-known influencers.
Both of these are represented on our list so you can choose who to follow and perhaps find a new marketing partner.
Also Read: Importance of Influencer Marketing
The Top Social Media Influencers
The most influential users on Instagram, Twitter, and other platforms are celebrities, despite the fact that some social media influencers rely only on social media for their livelihood. But just like with expert influencers, one of them mentioning your brand by name might be extremely beneficial for your company.
According to social media followers across the world, these are the top ten social media influencers:
- Cristiano Ronaldo, a Portuguese soccer player with 787 million followers, tops the list thanks to his Hollywood-icon good looks and some of the best soccer abilities ever displayed.
- Leo Messi (Argentine soccer player with 530 million followers). The Messi-Ronaldo dispute may never be resolved on the field, but it has been on social media. Despite having more than 500 million fans, the Argentine soccer star trails his generational opponent.
- Selena Gomez (American singer-songwriter with 499 million fans) Even though this former Disney star is a full-blown adult now, she still has a great deal of power over every generation.
- Justin Bieber, a Canadian musician with 477 million followers, is the social media darling of more than half a billion people.
- Kylie Jenner– A reality TV personality and American influencer with 450 million followers. Few online celebrities have the same reach as this businesswoman and socialite.
- Kim Kardashian, a reality TV celebrity and American influencer with 450 million followers Kim K., who placed just one shot behind her younger sister, was among the first celebrities to become famous for being famous in the era of social media.
- Dwayne Johnson, an American actor, and wrestler with 435 million fans: What is the Rock cooking that you can smell? Several others at least have access to it via his social media profiles.
- Taylor Swift, an American musician with 408 million fans: Swift’s social media profile hosts everything from her music and lovely cats.
- Katy Perry, with approximately 400 million fans, an American musician with the hit single “Dark Horse,” comes in second place to her friend-turned-rival.
- Ariana Grande (American singer-songwriter and actor; 391 million fans) – Ariana Grande, a pop singer, has a lot of power over her hordes of devoted followers.
Of course, not everyone has the same amount of popularity throughout the world as these celebrities, so unless you have big aspirations like becoming a professional athlete, winning an Oscar, or putting out a multi-platinum album, you’re probably not going to be as successful.
However, quite a few individuals have made names for themselves. Although some social media influencers fit into more than one industry, we’ve categorized them according to what we believe to be their main area of expertise.
Lifestyle Influencers (According to their Instagram Followers)
The social media influencer is a new category of celebrity made popular by the internet. And since their audiences believe them to be interesting, funny, or informed, they gain their viewers’ trust.
- Zoe Sugg (English)- 9.3 million followers
- Julie Sarinana (Mexican)- 7.3 million followers
- Lauren Conrad (American)- 6 million followers
- Rosanna Pansino (American)- 4.5 million followers
- Jack Morris (English)- 2.6 million followers
- Aspyn Ovard Ferris (American)- 2.3 million followers
- Shonda Wagner (American)- 2 million followers
- Kennedy Cymone (American)- 1.6 million followers
- Amber Fillerup Clark (American)- 1.3 million followers
- Janni Olsson Deler (Swedish)- 1.2 million followers
Travel Influencers (According to their Instagram Followers)
Want to know more about the hottest places people are traveling to? Or the cheapest way to travel across the continent? These travel influencers know everything about the most Instagrammable spots around all travel destinations.
- Chris Burkard (American)- 3.9 million followers
- Murad Osmann (Russian)- 3.5 million followers
- Jennifer Tuffen (English)- 2.8 million followers
- Lauren Bullen (Australian)- 2.1 million followers
- Jessica Stein (Australian)- 2 million followers
- Alex Strohl (French)- 2 million followers
- Daniel Kordan (Russian)- 1.8 million followers
- Tara Milk Tea (Singaporean- Australian)- 1.3 million followers
- Altug Galip (Cypriot)- 1.2 million followers
- Louis Cole (English)- 1 million followers
Fashion Influencers (According to their Instagram Followers)
Want to know what’s the latest fashion trend out there? These are some of the leading players in the fashion industry that promote the new and happening fashion-
- Cole Sprouse (American)- 35.1 million followers
- Chiara Ferragni (Italian)- 28.4 million followers
- Camila Coelho (Brazilian)- 9.8 million followers
- Karen Wazen Bakhazi (Lebanese)- 7.9 million followers
- Olivia Palermo (American)- 7.7 million followers
- Negin Mirsalehi (Dutch)- 7 million followers
- Aimee Song (American)- 7 million followers
- Alexa Chung (British)- 5.8 million followers
- Leonie Hanne (German)- 4.5 million followers
- Caroline Daur (German)- 4 million followers
Beauty Influencers (According to their Instagram Followers)
Get access to makeup tutorials and information about all kinds of beauty brands with these top 10 influencers of the glam world-
- Huda Kattan (American-Emirati)- 51.9 million followers
- Becky G (American)- 34.9 million followers
- Bretman Rock (Filipino)- 18.5 million followers
- Nikkie De Jager (Dutch)- 17 million followers
- Jeffree Star (American)- 13.8 million followers
- Mario Dedivanoic (Albanian-American)- 12.2 million followers
- Jaclyn Hill (American)- 8.2 million followers
- Naomi Giannopoulos (American)- 6.1 million followers
- Amra Olevic Reyes (American)- 5.6 million followers
- Carli Bybel (American)- 4.7 million followers
Fitness Influencers (According to their Instagram Followers)
Want to know more about the new fitness regime? Get tips on how to get toned super-fast. Or just want somebody to motivate you to go to the gym? These fitness influencers will make staying in bed look dull.
- Arnold Schwarzenegger (Austrian-American)- 22.9 million followers
- Kayla Itsines (Australian)- 15.3 million followers
- Michelle Lewin (Venezuelan) -American, 15.1 million followers
- Chris Bumstead (Canadian)- 14 million followers
- Ulisses Williams Jr. (American)- 8.8 million followers
- Simeon Panda (English)- 8.2 million followers
- Kai Greene (American)- 7.3 million followers
- Eva Andressa (Brazilian)- 6.2 million followers
- Andrei Dieu’ (Romanian)- 5.9 million followers
- Joe Wicks (English)- 4.5 million followers
Entertainment Influencers (According to their Instagram Followers)
Although we’ve already covered the most famous sports & entertainment influencers already, but these celebrities do deserve a spot on this list due to their massive social media following and overall popularity-
- Beyonce (American musician/businesswoman)- 290 million followers
- Jennifer Lopez (American musician/actor)- 230 million followers
- Nicki Minaj (Trinidadian musician)- 207 million followers
- Miley Cyrus (American musician/actor)- 192 million followers
- Zendaya (American actor/musician)- 163 million followers
- Kevin Hart (American comedian/actor)- 162 million followers
- Cardi B (American musician)- 148 million followers
- Demi Lovato (American musician)- 146 million followers
- Rihanna (Barbadian musician/businesswoman)- 139 million followers
- Ellen DeGeneres (American comedian/TV personality)- 130 million followers
Sports Influencers (According to their Instagram Followers)
Your favorite athletes are no longer unreachable. If you want to know what kind of sports drink your favorite basketball drinks or what is his favorite brand of kicks- all you have to do is head to their Instagram page and see which brands they are endorsing-
- Virat Kohli (Indian cricketer)- 231 million followers
- Neymar, Jr. (Brazilian footballer)- 201 million followers
- Lebron James (American basketball player)- 141 million followers
- Kylian Mbappe (French footballer)- 94.2 million followers
- David Beckham (English footballer (retired))- 76.9 million followers
- Ronaldo de Assis Moreira (Brazilian footballer (retired))- 70.9 million followers
- Marcelo Vieira, Jr., (Brazilian footballer)- 60.8 million followers
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic (Swedish footballer)- 57.4 million followers
- Paul Labile Pogba (French footballer)- 56.6 million followers
- James Rodriguez (Colombian footballer)- 50.3 million followers
Tech Influencers (According to their Instagram Followers)
Whether it’s unboxing video for the latest phone or learning new hacks to make your devices work faster- these tech influencers have all the information on their pages for you-
- Mark Rober (American)- 23.3 million subscribers
- Unbox Therapy (Lewis Hilsenteger) Canadian)- 18.2 million subscribers
- Marques Brownlee (American)- 16.5 million subscribers
- CrazyRussianHacker (Taras Kulakov) Russian/American)- 11.6 million subscribers
- Linus Tech Tips (Linus Sebastian) Canadian)- 15.1 million subscribers
- MrWhoseTheBoss (Arun Rupesh Maini) English)- 12.9 million subscribers
- Wylsacom (Valentin Petukhov) Russian)- 10.2 million subscribers
- Tech Burner (Shlok Srivastava) Indian)- 10 million subscribers
- Austin Evans, (American)- 5.35 million subscribers
- JayzTwoCents (Jason Langevin) American)- 3.82 million subscribers
Up and Coming Influencers in 2023
Here is a list of 10 upcoming influencers that you keep an eye on in 2023-
- Ashley Quiroz- American beauty influencer
- Olga Ferrara- Ukrainian fashion influencer
- Jeffrey Gitomer- American sales influencer
- Andy Anneville -American fitness influencer
- Eric Rubens- American travel influencer
- Justina Blakeney- American lifestyle influencer
- Techno Ruhez,- Indian tech influencer
- Brittany Dawn- Canadian lifestyle influencer
- Nicolo Cesari- Italian fashion influencer
- Max Klymenko- Ukrainian-British business influencer
You can be certain that an influencer’s supporters are paying attention when they suggest a good or service. They are consequently a very effective marketing technique. However, don’t imagine that in order for your brand to succeed, you need to collaborate with someone who has millions of social media followers.
Micro-influencers, or those with 10,000 to 100,000 followers, are frequently much easier to work with and may be very effective, especially if your company fits within a specific niche. Do you know of a social media influencer who you think might be good for your brand? Never hesitate to DM them. They are employed in that capacity, and they will appreciate hearing from you.